My Music


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gather round, kids!

You know, it takes a lot to make me feel awkward. I'm a naturally easy going person, and so when confronted with situations or people, I handle them well, and I pride myself in it. Dave even said today that he was very impressed with how I handled situations where I might otherwise act selfishly. Then why in the world does he make me feel so awkward? "He" is my co-worker, and I do dumb things around him, like not say anything, or try and communicate with hand signals (I was trying to back out, and I didn't know if I had enough space!). I like him, and he's really nice, but I can't help but feel self conscious around him.
Today we were walking back from lunch (the first time we've ever walked together, mind you), and he asked me what I like to do, and I said, "I don't know." And in my head, I was thinking, "You don't know?! Abby, you are such a yutz." Later he came back and I told him I liked music, which is a small recovery, but that's not the point. The point it this kid makes me feel inferior, and I don't know why! Bah. Life is complex when you're brainless.

So, I work in a mountain, and it pretty much rocks. Literally. Today I walked out, and everything was covered in mist. Little Cottonwood is by far my favorite canyon, and here I get to work in it! Nothing beats this job I tell you, nothing. I'm finally taking time to adjust to the silly Mac my parents bought, and am currently loading all Switchfoot material onto iTunes, to which I am also adjusting.

Nothing truly important is on my mind today. Everyone is busy doing things, so here I am, by my lonesome, listening to music and reflecting on my future. I'm not really sure what to do with it just yet, and my options are varied, so I'm letting them meander around my mind while I consider them. Making a decision right now isn't important. I love life.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Someone lately asked me what I like, and I felt like an idiot because when the question is posed it's really difficult to just think of what you like.

So I sat there, looking silly, trying to sound interesting. It uh...didn't go over so well.

Greg P said...

Silly Mac!? :.( *greg begins talking to his macbook "its ok... she didnt mean it...