My Music


Monday, June 23, 2008

Mindless Babble

Whew! It's been quite the week and then some. Today at the Vault we had five employee's try and pull one thousand rolls, with the help and support of the staff. I was on the extra machine with Emily and Pia, and we did 239. Not bad, I'd say. In the end, they made their goal, but I don't think I've ever seen a less chatty bunch than I did today. We were all exhausted! Remind me never to exert myself like that again.
It's funny how much you can come to understand a person over time. Feelings change, as does perspective, and as you grow to understand the person more and more, you come to find a profound respect for them. Okay, maybe not all the time, but that's how I feel. Sometimes I wish I could see how other people see me, if not just to understand myself better.

Saturday was a great day. I went shopping with Julia and Ben (bought new Aviators which I now can't find....grr....and new flip flops!), then Ben, Curtis, Mykin and I went swimming. It was delightful! I miss swimming. Scratch that, I miss being outside altogether. What with working in a mountain and all, we don't see sunlight all that often. But that's okay. After swimming, Mykin and I, along with a few other friends, went to Jessica Wood's house and watched Return to Me and got pedicures. It was my first time, and at first I was a little reluctant, but I think I'll make a habit out of it. My feet have never felt so good before! Needless to say, it was one perfect day. One out of the many to come.

My brain is tired and my body is tired, and so I am tired. And my dumb computer won't let my load pictures onto Blogger, and so you're all deprived of visual agents. I apologize. I just wanted to leave a quick note saying life is good, I am happy, and I think I am on my way to something good.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mmm I loves pedicures.
I'm gonna go to Seattle for school, I was originally going to try to make it to Hawaii for school but it's not working out. But Seattle was my very first plan.

Megan said...

Hello Dearest,

I am so glad to hear that you are happy and moving in a direction that you feel works. Work sounds like a blast, although I think if I worked in a mountain all day long I'd feel like a Dwarf. "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go (whistling sound) Hi ho, hi ho! " You have earned my respect. (Not that you didn't have it before. :))

Andrew and Ariel said...

A lot of good is in store for you Scabby.
I liked that first paragraph (or "graf" as we call them in the news biz). I agree, that oftentimes we don't understand people on the surface level.
I think I've never disliked someone who I've truly had the chance to get to know.
Rock on.