My Music


Saturday, June 7, 2008

Selfish


I'm feeling irrational today. That's not a good thing, because when I'm irrational, there's no way of getting through to me. I don't like this about myself, but I'm feeling quite bitter about a few things, and it's fogging my senses. Meanwhile, I'm trying to cool off.

Last night, I went and saw Kung Fu Panda. And it is, as of now, one of the greatest animated shows I have ever seen. Pixar is cute, and Madagascar was funny, but this movie, it has it. It has it all. The humor, the characters...the animation. Half of the reason why it's so cool is watching the animals bounce around the screen with each other. Needless to say, it is something everyone should see.

I wish I weren't in such a bad mood. I'm just tired of a lot of things. Like my family thinking it's okay to use my things as they please. I know it comes with the territory of having a family, but I liked living somewhere where the only thing I had to worry about was roommates eating my food. On top of that, I'm struggling with a few friendships right now that I'm not sure how to go about. Today I need some air. Who knew it would be so cold in June?!

I hate watching people get hurt, my friends in particular. I have a friend right now who likes this girl, and for a long time, she gave him a vibe that she was interested. Now she refuses to talk to him. My friend is devastated, but he's still holding on to this small thread of hope that he can fix things. No matter what I say, he believes he can fix it. I wish he could see what he was doing to himself, but it's very hard to see our flaws when we are living so close to ourselves. On top of his pain, I'm furious that anyone could lead him on so fully without any regard (or awareness) of what they were doing. We're all human, we all have feelings, we're all vulnerable. Those people that disregard all these things are the people I would like to push in front of a train. I'm more than willing to help pick up pieces of hurt friends, but I hate it when it shouldn't have happened. Shame on us all, for our selfish desires.

1 comment:

Ben Miller said...

I hope this isn't an "irrational" comment, But I hate writing blogs and seeing that nobody has commented on them because it feels like nobody has read them. And unless the cra-i mean-stuff I have written has been read and commented on I lose my motivation to write more. So here you go, I read your blog, I liked it. have fun this week, not in hawaii.

I totally agree with you on Kung Foo Panda, its among the same caliber with The Emperors New Groove! its amazing! "Skadoosh!"

-Ben