My Music


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Re-Vamped

Let me paint you a picture.



Now, I'm all for being flexible with my imagination when it comes to new ideas. I'm always willing to make room for a little perspective. But this is grotesque. What true fan, what sane person, would accept this as Twilight? Ask anyone who knows and loves these books. We know these characters, we aren't just acquaintances with this romance.

This wasn't just Stephenie Meyer's story. She made it all of ours when she had it published, and she should not have been the deciding factor about this movie. I think we should have had a vote, or a riot, or something. This book is now just as much ours as hers. I'm not necessarily mad at her. I'm just disappointed in the turn things have taken.

Ah, Hollywood, have you no shame?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Okay I fully and completely agree. I want to throw up when I see this picture. Here's my thing! I have seen pictures and clips from the actual movie and they certainly do not look like these to on this magazine. What were the photographers thinking. I mean I'm all for making the movie, that's fine...It will never compare to my view of it but what can you do right. But this is not even close to the book or even the movie. it's like the cover of a trashy romance novel! Grotesque!

Andrew/Andy/Rusty said...

Ha oh she already got vampires wrong how could they mess it up anymore? :p KIDDING! (sort of)

But seriously, I think this was just a photoshoot not actually how it looks in the movie. Don't riot just yet.

Michelle said...

Abby! I just came across your blog (i'm totally new to the whole blogging thing) and you are so cute! I love it. and I totally agree witih you on the twiglight series. I'm so nervous for the movies to come out because I'm scared of being disappointed. let's just hope for the best... :)