My Music


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Trains, Planes, and Third Degree Burns



I'm a going places person. Be it car, plane, boat, or yes, even a motorcycle, I can't resist the thrill of the ride. Cars are somewhat trivial. I don't know how I feel about extensive drives to far away places, but I do enjoy long drives up canyons, or out to no where in particular. Otherwise, I have no preference. Each freedom of choice brings different sites, and all the same enjoyment.

Last Monday, my friend Russell took me on a motorcycle ride. Having only ridden two other motorcycles in my life, both with grandparents, I was excited! And I was right to be, it was amazing! Driving in a car is nice, but on a motorcycle, the world is open to you! It's like the difference between flying in a plane, and hang-gliding. There's just a difference. I loved it. Granted, I did burn my leg on the exhaust pipe, which turned into a third degree burn, which is now ailing me terribly, but there are worse things. There are always worse things.

2 comments:

Megan said...

you are far too happy about your third degree burn my friend. Wallie misses you. :0

Anonymous said...

Things could be worse... You could get kicked in the face!