My Music


Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Change in Seasons

You know, I never remember how much I've missed Spring until it's here again. It brings so much nostalgia with it though that sometimes it's hard to breathe for want of space. This time of the year always seems to be the most eventful for me. People leave, new ones come (or in this year's case, old ones come back), and here am I, always the same, at least to myself. Everything is green again! I made a trip to our park today, where nobody ever goes, and sat by myself a while and reflected on life. Apparently I was in less than a reflective mood, because I fell asleep. That's okay too though, life is well paced, and I don't feel much need to think too hard about anything right now, because life is in place, and that's all that really matters right now. The future comes later, I won't worry.

I always feel like life is changing and moving around me while I'm standing still. I never seem to be doing much, but maybe to the world, I'm just a whirlwind of change. It's hard to tell, seeing as I'm not the world. Whoever thought I would get so old? I know I never did. I'm sure growing up wouldn't be nearly as climactic if it didn't sneak up on us the way it does. I mean, we use up our youth until one day we look and voila! we are older, and that's that. This is what I've been fighting with. I know those of you reading this are thinking, "Please, Abby. You are no where near grown up yet." I know I'm not, but I'm not far away either, and that's the scary thought. An even scarier thought is that I won't be ready for it. It's a very human fear, but then, that's what I am.

4 comments:

A said...

I think, and I hope I'm right, its a great thing for the world to change. I like variety, its the spice of life, and change seems to be the only really reliable thing in life. But I like to think of change as something good. So what I'm trying to say is,change all you want and don't worry because the world can't reject you

Megan said...

Oh Abby...I'm afraid to say, I feel the same way you do. I think it's supposed to be that way unfortunately. How are we ever going to learn if we don't experience change? I miss you.

Ben Miller said...

I am not a huge fan of change myself, in fact, it scares me. A lot of things have changed in the last two or so years, and as you know, I'm still getting used to it. Seeing the world through a different set of eyes has been a bit overwhelming for me, but I get comfort knowing that we are still friends.

Andrew and Ariel said...

You know Scabs, you have changed quite a lot recently. You've become kind of a staple, connecting the older generation of Marshalls to the younger generation. Your part is important and I think you're fulfilling it well. So keep on.
And throw some pics on your blog now and then, I want to see what Monstro the Whale is up to!