My Music


Saturday, December 1, 2007

Regarding Kissing


You know, I used to hate myself because of my past. I felt like I had kissed a lot of people, and that this was unusual. Lately, however, I have found that the world is addicted to kissing. No, not the world, people I know. It's different. Kissing boyfriends, girlfriends, random people, on dares, on stage, the list goes on and on in a whirl of repetition. Everyone loves to kiss. I loved to kiss. You'll never hear me deny it, I thought kissing was fun. And then I kissed this one person, and only him for an extended period of time (Don't be gross. I only mean we dated for a long time), and now that he is gone, I find myself repulsed by the thought of kissing anyone else. It's a shame that I can't give my heart away to anyone else, seeing as it is thousands of miles away. It hurts a little, but that's something I've adjusted to.

Why is it that kissing someone once is alright now? I thought kisses were supposed to be special, something you gave to only someone you cared about. It seems that even the slightest crush these days permits one to kiss. But.....shouldn't kissing be something....special? I'm sad that there are so many who take it so lightly. Did it happen overnight, or have I just become less oblivious. Hmmm. Sometimes the world changes. Sometimes I do.

1 comment:

Katherine X said...

I like to kiss. No, wait. In fact I love to kiss! Especially this one guy I know. Oooh ooh! I know who you like to kiss! And I think it is so cute! I can't wait to see you kiss when he gets back!