My Music


Friday, December 7, 2007

A Change in the Weather

I hate 7:30 class. Not necessarily the class, although Math never was my forte, but the timing of it all is just so....inconvenient. Once next week is over, I'll be free from the chains of early rising and yawning for the rest of the day (which begins to hurt one's jaw). There is, however, one thing I've always enjoyed from getting up before most other students, and that is walking to class. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen in the dawn of morning that took my breath away. It's like a small present saying, "I know it's hard, but thanks for doing it anyway." The weather never disappoints me, despite the cold temperatures. I've encountered sunrises that give me purple mountains and golden clouds, I've seen a full moon setting over a beautiful horizon, walked through a soft snow in the growing light with no one around but myself. Today I left my apartment and found that I could see nothing twenty feet ahead of me, because of a fog that had settled over the valley. Sometimes I can't help but laugh in awe at some of the things I see.

I took my time as I walked through the mist, admiring it at every angle, and taking it all in, even as my ears started to hurt from the cold. Logan is a beautiful place, I've never been anywhere like it that has such a variety of conditions. So, despite the earliness, the math, and the relentless cold, I'm almost sad to see it go. It always was such a wonderful way of starting a day. Even if I do get an extra hour of sleep, I'll miss the calm of it all. No one ever seems to appreciate the small moments of beauty they see, but the nice thing about it is that they're there all the same, for those who don't care, and for those of us who do.

2 comments:

Katherine X said...

This morning was so crazy waking up to the fog! Leaving your place last night it had started to set in, but I thought it would be gone by morning. It is interesting walking through clouds- one thought I had was maybe some of the snowflakes were forming right in front of our faces instead of always falling from the endless sky. Mornings are a great time of the day, too bad I am always sleepy to really enjoy them.

reddevil said...

personally i am not an early rising person. I wake up very late, sometime it becomes noon....And not only math class but for all other classes. But the way you describe the morning time i think i will change my time and wake up early :)