My Music


Monday, October 29, 2007

A Slight Detour From My Day


I should take a nap, it's one of those weary days where I'm tired, even though I had enough sleep. Despite the constant drowsy feeling, however, I have been able to work with my day and keep (for the most part) from schlumping about. Of course, I gave in a little. I mean, who wouldn't be willing to watch Angel and his hot bod self kick some major Vampire haul? It was delicious. I've read for most of the day, for my Literature class, which I mostly despise, except for the friends I've made in that class. I enjoy the teacher a lot, I just get the feeling I've gone back to Eighth Grade English. More thoughts on this later.

I'm wondering what I should do with my life. I love writing, I love photography, I love the piano, I love talking with people (and, incidentally, am talented in all areas above mentioned). There are more, of course, but I've had to narrow my options of interest, for fear of my head spontaneously combusting. If only someone would tell me what I was supposed to do, so I wouldn't have to make this decision. But of course, how easy would this life be if I was told what I would do? Kind of defeats the general purpose, if you know what I mean. Meh, I'll get there someday. In the meantime, it's time I ate a little, and then read some more. What I wouldn't give to be able to pick up a Pullman or Meyer to relax. Carson McCullers reminds me of John Steinbeck in the most wannabe sense. We already have The Grapes of Wrath, Lady, there's no need to make an attempt of it again. Honestly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How come I didn't know you had a blog page? that's dumb. Families don't have secrets

Unknown said...

A "Separate Peace" is spelled "peace" not "piece."