My Music


Friday, October 26, 2007

Butterfly

This week wasn't the easiest for me. Sunday rolled around, and I was glad to come back to my small apartment with the five girls I share it with, but it was a bad beginning. Who knew the dishes were such an important factor of cleanliness?! Who knew it was worth writing hate messages on the mirror? I feel like we were wrongly accused, seeing as at the time, I was feeling irritated myself because of Margot's Midnight Vacuum Sprees, and Rachel's constant high pitched voice resounding through the apartment. Needless to say, it got old. So when they began to boss the other roommates and myself, I was already a little weather worn, and in no mood to be moreso. It was nice to be home for the weekend.

Wheels' Farewell made my Top Ten. It brought back the familiar feeling that the Farewell's often had, back in the day, when there were more than just ten of us. But instead of making me reminisce, it cheered me greatly. Seeing the Evans last night had a similar effect.

I'm caught between two places. I can only stand to be at home for a short while, and yet it's the same with Utah State. Both provide "considerable trouble, and considerably joy." My mom always called me a butterfly. Never in one place for too long.

1 comment:

Katherine X said...

I like butterflies. Remember the one sitting on the tree that had half a wing. I hope your wings are in tact. Love you! Going home is fun! But which one is home now? Logan or Salt Lake?