My Music


Saturday, April 11, 2009

Post-Haitus Thoughts

Where to begin?

I've been itching to get on my blog for a month, being unable to on account of problems with Gmail, and now that I find the liberty to do so, I find my mind, once swimming with things to put here in this little box, is now utterly blank. No, not blank. Overwhelmed. But I will do the best I can.

It's been a time of internal growth. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to find my feet in the matter, but I am finally striving to place myself in a world where who I am is who I appear to be. And I think I am doing a fine job.

Among other things:
- My work caught on fire. There was a coil that overheated in the air ducts, and we had to shut down production for a week. During this time, the vault employees worked downtown. They really didn't need us there, so I ended up doing silly things like putting stickers on boxes. Please. Who gets payed $11.21 to do that?
- After the week downtown, we had to work extra hard to meet our Quarterly demand, and three weeks to do it. I put in 27 hours of overtime to help get there, and by the very last day, we were there. Talk about exhaustion, but it was a gratifying experience.
- There's been a lot of hearbreak in these last two months.
- School is drawing to a close. I now know how to solve an Algebraic Sequence. Don't be impressed, it's not hard.
- Stephanie finally got married. A day of bliss, bitter cold, and the inevitable exhaustion that comes from so much joy and work in one little day.

This isn't all. But it's all I have time for. I think one day I'll have more time again. But that day is not today. Developments on life will continue, when they happen.

2 comments:

Andrew and Ariel said...

Thanks for the update Scabbs. Glad you made it through that rough week. I didn't even hear about that! And whatever your heartbreak is, I hope it's alright. It looks like things are looking up for you. And I am impressed with your Algebraic sequences. I couldn't do that if someone promised me a starring role in the next Spider-man.
Peace.

Nonie said...

Thanks for updating, Abby. Wow -- I'd put stickers in a box for $11.21/hour.

Are you sure you're not coming to visit me in California?