My Music


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Simplicity, for Once

One day, when I am retired, old, graying, and crippled, I will update this blog frequently with the exciting things I do with my life, but as it happens, I am none of those, and much, much too busy to ever write about anything, let alone exciting things. And for this I am sad, because truly, who is too busy to write blogs? Me, I guess. I've been splitting my life six ways lately: Work, school, church, family, friends, and sleep. It's actually been working out pretty nicely except for one thing: There is no seventh way split for myself. Selfish? No, I just wish there was some way I could fit a little me time into this dangerously balanced, on-the-verge-of-pandemonium lifestyle.

Today I drove up the canyon. And I almost died in the process. I realized two things during this near death experience. One: That I hate snow. Snow and me, we're over. There are no second chances with something that tries to kill you. And Two: I love my car. Stella is sturdy and efficient. She kind of saved my life. She's kind of cool like that.

And really, apart from almost dying, moving to a new area at work, and a new month, nothing has changed for me. I've gotten a little better at routine, as long as my nights are varied, and the sunrises beautiful. And this is a life I can live with.

2 comments:

Andrew and Ariel said...

The thing is, you're blog will rock when you're crippled and graying. Because you'll tell these same stories about snow and deer in the canyon only they'll become tornadoes and rhinos. Elderly are cool like that. They embelish. I'll do it too. We'll be crazies.

Meredith said...

You know, Abby dear, you have a gift for writing. Have you thought of majoring in creative writing or journalism? I think it might be your path.